How to set up a mobile card
Before you set up a mobile card, make sure you protect your device.
- Get the BC Services Card app
- Open the app
- When prompted, it's recommended you allow notifications
- With notifications enabled, you'll be able to remember a paired device to use the next time you log in
- Review privacy information and learn how to protect your device
Step 1: Provide your ID
The ID types accepted and the number of IDs you need to provide depend on what type of BC Services Card you have.
The names on all ID provided must match. If you're using a Non-Photo BC Services Card and the name on your additional ID doesn't match what's on your card, you can go in person to verify your identity in step 3 and bring documentation that shows both names – such as a marriage certificate.
Note: if you have mobile card set up on another device, you can skip the next steps and scan a QR code to complete setup.
Step 2: Provide your email address
Your email address will be used to contact you about your logins or changes to your account.
You will be asked to confirm your email address by entering a code that is sent to your email account to:
- Make sure you entered the email address correctly
- Prove you have access to that email account
Step 3: Verify your identity
Complete a one-time security check to verify your identity.
Verifying your identity is important:
- It proves you are who you say you are
- It makes sure no one else can set up a mobile card with your ID
- It helps protect your privacy
- It makes your mobile card more secure with enhanced levels of security
Verify your identity within seven days of adding your card to the app. If you can't complete it within that time, simply start again when you're ready.