A mobile card is digital ID on your mobile device. You use it to prove who you are when accessing a government service online.
It's Quick and Easy
It normally takes about five minutes to set up a mobile card
- You must provide government-issued ID, like your BC Services Card
- You can verify your identity by video right from your mobile device
- You don't need to go in person, unless you can't verify by video
You can also use your mobile card to log in on any device - such as a laptop, tablet or phone.
Use Your Mobile Card
After you're set up, you can use your mobile card to access many government services.
You can't use a mobile card as:
- Photo ID
- Driver's licence
- Health card
You must do a one-time security check to verify your identity.
- It proves you are who you say you are
- It makes sure no one else can set up a mobile card with your ID
- It prevents identity theft
In your BC Services Card Account, you can see
- All mobile devices set up with your mobile card
- All your card activity and use
Only your name and a unique identifier is stored on the mobile device.
You don't need to create another password to remember.
Simply unlock your mobile device to use your mobile card using the authentication already set up on your device – like a passcode, PIN, fingerprint, Face ID.
Make sure to protect your device because anyone that can unlock your mobile device could use your mobile card to:
- See your identity information
- Access your data
- Access government services as you
Lost your device?
If you lose your mobile device, or if it's stolen, you can remove the mobile card from that device by either
- Logging in to your BC Services Card Account and remove it yourself if you have another way to log in
- Going to any Service BC location and they can remove it for you
What People Say
On October 1, 2020, the BC Services Card app had:
Please note: Any third-party services offering authentication, mobile cards or identity services are not assessed or endorsed by the BC government. Our services have rigorous security standards to protect your personal information and identity. Using any third-party services offered on other websites would be entirely at your own risk.