Your BC Services Card during the COVID-19 pandemic
Last Updated: February 8, 2021
Verify your identity anywhere
There are now two ways to verify your identity when you set up a mobile card without having to go in person to a Service BC location.
In the BC Services Card app you can choose to either:
- Talk to a Service BC agent in a video call
- Send a video to Service BC and they'll get back to you once they review it
Learn more about verifying by video.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Service BC is temporarily allowing you to use your expired BC Services Card to log in to online government services through the BC Services Card mobile app.
Using your expired BC Services Card
- You can set up a new mobile card with a BC Services Card for up to 365 days past its expiry date
- If you already have a mobile card set up, you can continue to use it after it expires. Your mobile card will continue to work up to 365 days past your BC Services Card expiry date
BC Driver's Licence and MSP coverage
For inquiries, or individuals needing to renew their BC Driver's Licence, BC Services Card, or MSP coverage, please visit:
- BC Driver's Licence and BC Services Card:
- MSP: Medical Services Plan – British Columbia Response to COVID-19