Open and Active Freedom of Information Requests
Find open and in-progress freedom of information requests via this downloadable spreadsheet
Check the status of your Freedom of Information (FOI) request, or see which requests are currently being processed by the various public bodies. This downloadable spreadsheet is updated on a weekly basis, and as the requests are active, the updates provided are subject to change.
What stage is your FOI request in?
In the spreadsheet, you will find that your FOI request is in one of five statuses:
- File started – your request has been received and assigned a file number
- Gathering/Confirming records – we are placing a call for records, estimating fees, and clarifying the scope of the request with you, the applicant
- Legislative review – we are conducting a review of the requested records and may require consultation with Ministries, public bodies or third-parties
- Approving – this may include peer-review, initial sign-off, revisions and final sign-off
- Responding – this may include final redactions, printing records and preparing final response package
If you have questions about open and active Freedom of Information (FOI) requests for B.C. government ministries or the Office of the Premier, contact Information Access Operations:
Information Access Operations
PO Box 9569
Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9K1