A team of government, businesses and disability communities guide accessibility initiatives. They look for ways to make things easier for people living with disabilities.
The Minister of Social Development and Poverty Reduction leads this effort for government.
External Advisory Groups
We want to become the easiest province for people with disabilities to live in Canada. To do this, we get a lot of help and advice from our external partners.
The Presidents Group is a group of business leaders in British Columbia. They're working to create more inclusive opportunities and workplaces for people with disabilities.
The RDSP Action Group includes some of B.C.'s most influential leaders. They promote the RDSP in their sectors and communities. This group is part of our commitment to building an inclusive BC.
Accessibility is a government-wide initiative that includes:
- Advanced Education, Skills and Training
- Attorney General
- Children and Family Development
- Environment and Climate Change Secretariat
- Indigenous Relations and Reconciliation
- Jobs, Trade and Technology
- Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Social Development and Poverty Reduction
- Tourism, Arts and Culture
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- BC Public Service Agency
- Public Guardian & Trustee of B.C.
- BC Housing
- BC Transit
- Community Living BC
The Accessibility Secretariat supports a number of projects that help make B.C. a more inclusive province.