COVID-19 support for people with disabilities
New emergency measures are in place for people on income or disability assistance, adults with disabilities, youth and children with disabilities and their families, and low-income seniors.
Last updated: October 21, 2020
On this page:
- Financial supports
- Community Living BC (CLBC)
- Children and youth with disabilities
- Mental Health
For income and disability assistance programs and services
To connect with an office during regular business hours
Community Living BC (CLBC) has COVID-19 information for individuals and families, including:
BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
The BCCDC is the best source for COVID-19 health information. It has information for people with disabilities about:
- An ethical framework to ensure all people are treated fairly (PDF)
- Accessing testing, especially for those living in shared settings like group homes
- Policy on visits to hospitals and long-term health facilities (PDF)
HealthLink BC is your provincial health line, call:
- 8-1-1 toll-free in B.C.
- 7-1-1 for the deaf and hard of hearing
- 604-215-5101 for Video Relay Service (or access online)
You can speak with a health service navigator, who can also connect you with a:
- Registered nurse any time, every day of the year
- Registered dietitian from 9 am to 5 pm PT, Monday to Friday
- Qualified exercise professional from 9 am to 5 pm PT, Monday to Friday
- Pharmacist from 5 pm to 9 am PT, every day of the year
Translation services are available in more than 130 languages.
Stress, anxiety and depression
You are not alone. Services can help you manage your mental health and well-being during COVID-19.
- Wellness Together Canada can connect you with a mental health professional
- Access counselling services, peer support and online programs in B.C.
- Foundry Virtual Clinic mental health supports for youth aged 12 to 24 and their families
- BC211 referral service matches seniors to volunteer support services in their community
- 24/7 mental health supports for victims of family violence or sexual violence: