Why Foster in B.C.?
Do you share a desire to help young people reach their full potential?
Currently in B.C. there are 1000’s of kids who need temporary foster families when they can’t live at home. Many of these children and teens have experienced trauma and difficult times.
They need amazing foster families who understand the complex model of care and support they require to grow and develop in a positive way.
Find more stories about BC foster families at https://fosternow.gov.bc.ca/
BC foster families come from a variety of backgrounds, each with different life experiences, skills, and qualities. They do, however, share a few things in common:
- All are residents of BC who are (at least) 19 years of age
- Their homes (rented or owned) are safe and nurturing
- They can be married, common law, or single
- Each is comfortable in providing guidance and supervision that meets the child’s needs and their cultural heritage
- They are active members of the child’s care team
Every effort is made to place brothers and sisters in the same home, so foster families may be asked to look after two, three or more siblings at one time.