Childcare BC New Spaces Fund: Create New Spaces
All applications submitted on or after February 10, 2020 are subject to the 2020-21 Funding Guidelines and are a part of the new application window. The first call for applications will close at 4:30pm on May 11, 2020.
The Childcare BC New Spaces Fund provides funding to create new licensed child care, helping families access affordable, quality child care and strengthening communities across British Columbia.
Now in its third year, the Ministry has made changes to the program to maximize the number of spaces in high need areas across the province. These changes include:
- Two application windows - with the first closing in May 2020 and the second in November 2020
- Priority for projects with a provincially funded cost per space of under $40,000
- Professional, administrative and consulting services costs to be no more than 15% of the total provincially funded project costs
- An increased focus on project linkage to a community child care plan or needs assessment
Please review the Funding Guidelines for a complete list of the 2020/21 changes.
This funding is available to support the creation, expansion and relocation of child care facilities proposing to create new licensed child care spaces. The following applicants are eligible to apply:
- Public sector organizations, including local governments, school boards, health authorities and public post-secondary institutions
- Indigenous Governments
- Non-profit societies, including non-profit child care providers, child development centres, and Indigenous non-profit societies
- Businesses and Corporate companies, including partnerships, sole proprietors, limited companies and incorporated companies
Please review the Funding Guidelines for a complete list of the eligibility requirements.
Per project, eligible applicants can receive up to:
- $3 million for up to 100% of eligible project costs for public sector organizations and Indigenous Governments
- $1.5 million for up to 100% of eligible project costs for Indigenous non-profit societies
- $1.5 million for up to 90% of eligible project costs for non-profit societies, including non-profit child care providers and child development centres
- $250,000 for up to 75% of eligible project costs for child care providers that are businesses or corporate companies
|Call for Applications Open||February 10th, 2020|
|Call for Applications Closed||May 11th, 2020 (4:30pm)|
|Internal Review||May 12th - July 31st, 2020|
|Decision Point & Successful Applicant Notification||August 10th, 2020|
|Call for Applications Open||July 2nd, 2020|
|Call for Applications Closed||November 1st, 2020 (4:30pm)|
|Internal Review||November 2nd - February 1st, 2021|
|Decision Point & Successful Applicant Notification||February 10th, 2021|