Eligibility for Child Care Operating Funding

To qualify for Child Care Operating Funding, care providers need to have a valid Community Care and Assisted Living Act Facility Licence and must be providing one or more of the following types of care. (Note: Funding is not available for occasional child care, child minding or residential care.)



Group child care: Under 3 years (36 months), 2.5 years (30 months) to school age and school age (before and after school)


Multi-age child care


Family child care

In-home multi-age child care

Multi-age child care

Care providers must also be:

  • Open and currently providing child care
  • In good standing with the Ministry of Children and Family Development
  • A non-profit society or a registered company in good standing with the BC Corporate Registry, sole proprietorship or partnership, First Nations government, local government, or public institution (Note: The licensee name listed on your Community Care and Assisted Living Act Licence must match the registered name with BC Corporate Registry)
  • Willing to provide services to families receiving the Affordable Child Care Benefit

Learn more about the different types of child care in B.C.