Child Care Health and Safety
Please join the January 26, 2022 health and safety information session at 7:00 PM via Zoom to discuss COVID-19 health and safety in child care settings.
This information is to assist child care providers with health and safety information and support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can subscribe to receive notification emails when this page is updated by submitting your email address under the subscribe heading.
Last updated: January 20, 2022
On this page:
The Ministry of Health and the BCCDC have provided public health guidance for child care and school settings, which will continue to be updated as needed.
- COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for Child Care Settings (PDF) (January 19, 2022)
- COVID-19: Public Health Guidance for K-12 School Settings (PDF) (October 1, 2021)
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ) for child care operators and staff
- BCCDC Child care & Schools resources (for parents and staff/operators)
Child care centres can continue to safely operate by implementing the health and safety protocols for proper hand washing, cleaning, and ideas about social distancing in a child care setting.
Additionally, WorkSafeBC, the government’s agency for promoting health and safety in workplaces, has released updated guidance for businesses.
January 26, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM PST
Please join our virtual discussion with a panel of public health professionals who will address questions that have arisen in the child care sector. Please consider joining us to hear directly from public health.
- Dr. Bonnie Henry, Provincial Health Officer
- Dr. Reka Gustafson, Vice President, Public Health and Wellness, Provincial Health Services Authority and Deputy Provincial Health Officer
- Dr. Jason Wong, Associate Medical Director, Clinical Prevention Services, BC Centre for Disease Control
- Dr. Mark Lysyshyn, Deputy Medical Health Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health
- Nader Massoud, Child Care Licensing Officer, Vancouver Coastal Health
Zoom Login Link
Call in details:
Number: +1 778 907 2071
Webinar ID: 664 1755 7482
Dr. Patricia Daly, Vice-President, Public Health and Chief Medical Health Officer from Vancouver Coastal Health, Dr. Geoff McKee, Medical Director, Population and Public Health at BC Centre for Disease Control, Jacqueline Holmes, Manager of Prevention Field Services at WorksafeBC held a town hall to discuss recently updated health and safety guidelines for child care settings.
Minister of State for Child Care, Katrina Chen, Medical Lead for the office of the Provincial Health Officer Dr. Trevor Corneil, and moderator Jinny Sims, MLA, held a town hall to discuss child care and COVID-19 for parents.
- View the townhall video for more information
Please note: All information presented at the live events was accurate at the time the event was held.