Who can I talk to if I have concerns about a bank or credit union?

Banks are regulated by the federal government. Information on filing a complaint about a bank is available on the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada website. You can also send your complaint to the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments.

B.C. credit unions are regulated by the Government of British Columbia. If you have a concern about a credit union, the BC Financial Services Authority may be able to help. As provincial credit unions are member-owned you are also encouraged to contact your credit union directly.