Search Waste Authorization Status & Documents
Find the status of a waste discharge application or get a copy of a waste discharge authorization issued under the Waste Discharge Regulation.
Search for an Application Status
Find the status of an application by completing an Application Status Search. This provides information on the application including the status or stage in the process, authorization type, target date for completion, and associated complexity.
For easy access enter the tracking number or authorization number for the application and then search. Or review the section on how to search for documents for more detailed information.
Search for a Waste Discharge Authorization
Find a copy of a waste discharge authorization by completing a Document Search.
For easy access, enter the tracking number or the authorization number, if you have one, and then search. Or review the following section below titled "How to search for documents". When using the search tool limit queries to just a few words.
How to search for documents
Populate the search criteria by one of two methods:
- The Client Name or Applicant Name will match the individual “Applicant Name”, “Company Name” or “Doing Business As” name of a client
- Enter 4 characters or less in the Client Name field and the search will be an exact match
- Enter 5 characters or more and the search will pull all client names with that sub-string
- A maximum of 100 documents will be returned in a search
Broad Search (e.g. all applications in all regions):
- If the result is over 100 documents, an error will be raised indicating the criteria needs to be refined or the system will time out
- Enter an issue date range less than 1 year, or complete another field to further refine the search
- Click Search
- Once the document search is performed, click Open to retrieve your document
- After completing a search, click Search Again to perform a new search
Search and Sort the Authorization Database
To search and sort information pertaining to authorizations or discharges under the Environmental Management Act, a subset of information (DataMart) is available. This information is available in the form of an excel spreadsheet which can be filtered and sorted.
For information on how to search and sort information from the authorization database please review the instructions for using the DataMart spreadsheets (PDF).
There are two subsets available to search and sort with different selection criteria available. One oriented for all authorizations and another oriented for all discharges:
- EM all Authorizations (XLSX, 2.5 MB) August 30, 2018
Selection Criteria for this search: Authorization Number, Authorization Type, Client, Waste Type, Issue Date, Expiry date, State, Primary BCENIC (British Columbia Environment Industry Code), Secondary BCENIC, CPIX (Comparative Priority Index), WDR Schedule (Waste Discharge Regulation), Schedule Description, Facility Type, Legal Land Description, Latitude, Longitude, Regional District, Facility Address, Mailing Address, Ministry Region, Administrative Area and Office.
- EM all Discharges (XLSX, 5.6 MB) June 12, 2018
Selection Criteria for this search: Authorization Number, Authorization Type, Client, Waste Type, Issue Date, Expiry Date, State, Primary BCENIC (British Columbia Environment Industry Code), CPIX (Comparative Priority Index), WDR Schedule (Waste Discharge Regulation), Schedule Description, Facility Type, Discharge Point/Source, Discharge Contaminant, Discharge Min, Avg, Max, Discharge Start Date, Discharge End Date, Proposed Treatment and Disposal, Legal Land Description, Latitude, Longitude, Regional District, Nearest Municipality, Facility Address, Mailing Address, Ministry Region, Administrative Area and Office.