Small Appliances, Tools, Sports and Hobby Equipment
What can I recycle?
Products in the following categories are accepted:
- Kitchen countertop (toasters, grinders, food processors, etc.)
- Time measurement (alarm clocks, timers, etc.)
- Weight measurement (bathroom, luggage and food scales)
- Garment care (irons, steamers, etc.)
- Air treatment (air purifiers, fans, etc.)
- Floor care (floor and handheld vacuum cleaners, steamers, polishers, etc.)
- Personal care (hair dryers, curling irons, shavers, etc.)
As of July 2012, ElectroRecycle also accepts:
- Power tools
- Sports and leisure equipment
- Exercise equipment
- Sewing and textile equipment
Why should I recycle?
By recycling your used and broken electronic devices, you divert waste from your local landfills and help the environment. You also reduce the need for raw materials to manufacture new products.
ElectroRecycle is a province-wide, small electrical appliance, power tool, sports leisure, exercise and hobby equipment recycling program in BC, and the first of its kind in Canada.
Where can I recycle?
To find an ElectroRecycle drop-off location near you, use the depot locator map at ElectroRecycle or call Recycling Council of BC’s Hotline at 604-732-9253 (Lower Mainland), 1-800-667-4321 (outside the Lower Mainland).
What happens to it?
Collected products are transported to processors in Western Canada for separation and recycling. Recyclable materials like plastic, glass, metal and aluminum are separated and sold as commodities for use in new products.