Tools & Resources
Reduce Food Waste
Find out what other governments have done to reduce food that gets wasted in their area - this might inspire new ideas about programs that could be implemented in your community.
- Learn more about reducing food waste
- Residential Food Waste Composition Study (PDF 3.5 MB)
- Food Waste Reduction Toolkit (PDF, 7.4 MB)
Estimate Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions can be reduced by diverting household organic waste into a centralized community composting system rather than sending it to a landfill.
Return on Investment (ROI) – Composting
Use a calculator to assess general ROI for composting.
Calculators developed by manufacturers may provide a more accurate ROI – like the Somat Waste Reduction Technology ROI calculator.
Efficiency of Combined Heat and Power Systems in Waste Water Treatment Facilities
Use the Combined Heat and Power System Evaluation Tool to evaluate the efficiency of the combined heat and power system in your waste water treatment facility (requires a free subscription).
Use your postal code to find a composter in your area.
- BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA)
- Canadian Compost Council of Canada
- Canadian Council of the Ministers of the Environment (CCME)
- North East Biosolids and Residuals Associations (NEBRA)
- Northwest Biosolids Management Association
- Water Environment Association of Ontario (WEAO)
- Water Environment Federation
Please refer to the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability regarding the information provided.