Tools & Resources
Reduce Food Waste
Find out what other governments have done to reduce food that gets wasted in their area - this might inspire new ideas about programs that could be implemented in your community.
- Learn more about reducing food waste
- Residential Food Waste Composition Study (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Food Waste Reduction Toolkit (PDF, 7.4 MB)
Estimate Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions can be reduced by diverting household organic waste into a centralized community composting system rather than sending it to a landfill.
Return on Investment (ROI) – Composting
Calculators developed by manufacturers may provide a more accurate ROI – like the Somat Waste Reduction Technology ROI calculator.
Efficiency of Combined Heat and Power Systems in Waste Water Treatment Facilities
Use the Combined Heat and Power System Evaluation Tool* to evaluate the efficiency of the combined heat and power system in your waste water treatment facility. *requires a free subscription
Use your postal code to find a composter in your area.
- BC Water & Waste Association (BCWWA)
- Canadian Compost Council of Canada
- Canadian Council of the Ministers of the Environment (CCME)
- North East Biosolids and Residuals Associations (NEBRA)
- Northwest Biosolids Management Association
- Water Environment Association of Ontario (WEAO)
- Water Environment Federation
Please refer to the Warranty Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability regarding the information provided.