Historical Information for Aquaculture
Salmon Aquaculture Environmental Monitoring Data Report, March 2007:
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2004 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2003 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2002 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2001 (PDF)
- Results of Sampling Programs for Year 2000 (PDF)
Please Note: the above reports are the title pages and abstracts only. Copies of the full reports may be obtained by contacting the regional office in Nanaimo by phone at (250) 751-3100.
Scientific Advisory Group (SAG)
Prior to December 2010, the Ministry of Environment had authority for regulating marine aquaculture, and was reviewing the Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation. A Scientific Advisory Group was asked to advise the Ministry on development of a revised Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation:
- Review and submit comments on the methods of analysis applied to the monitoring data provided through the Interim Monitoring Program and the Focused Study — to measure the relationship between physical and chemical parameters and the biological response.
- Review and submit comments and recommendations to WLAP on the performance-based standards and monitoring protocols in the draft regulation.
- Provide comments on the data requirements for enforcement, and for review of the regulation in three years, to facilitate future possible amendments.
- Review stakeholder comments obtained by WLAP through consultation, and provide advice on the validity of these comments.
- Provide comments on the final draft regulation.
- General Overview: Deliberations of the Scientific Advisory Group (PDF)
- Guiding Principles (PDF)
- Deliberations of the Scientific Advisory Group (PDF)
- Letter Report of the Independent Scientific Advisory Group Regarding the B.C. Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation (PDF)
- Re-analysis of Relationships between Sediment Chemistry and Infaunal Macrobenthic Community Responses, based on Brooks (2002) Data (PDF)
- WLAP Aquaculture Waste Control Regulation: SAG Teleconference Meeting Minutes (PDF)
- Chemical and Biological Remediation of Marine Sediments at a Fallow Salmon Farm, Centre Cove, Kyuquot Sound, B.C. (PDF, 1.3 MB), August 2009
- Protocols for Marine Environmental Monitoring (PDF) September 2002
- News Release: Salmon Farming Monitoring Report Released (PDF), August 2001
- Marine Salmon Farming Compliance Report (PDF, 2.45 MB), February 2002
- Salmon Aquaculture Waste Management Review and Update (PDF, 1.3 MB), December 2000
- The Environmental Effects of Salmon Netcage Culture in B.C. (PDF, 3.3 MB), April 1996
- Land-based Finfish Waste Control Regulation, March 1994 (Queen's Printer)
- Salmon Aquaculture Review, Environmental Assessment Office