Environmental Violations Database (EVD)
The Environmental Violations Database (EVD) is a searchable online database containing all of the enforcement actions found in the Quarterly Environmental Enforcement Summaries.
Users can search enforcement actions based on the offender's name, location, the type of enforcement action, the date range, or the contravention. Results can be viewed on-screen (in html) or they can be exported to Excel or other applications for further analysis (.csv file type).
Launch EVD by clicking the button below (opens in new window):
- Underscores ( _ ) can be used as a wildcard character
- Use only part of a name or location to return broader results:
- eg. "ABC" in the names field will return "ABC", "ABC Company", and "ABC Company Ltd."
- eg. "John" in the location field will return "Fort St John", "Fort St. John", and "Fort Saint John"
- Location types can vary and are based on the type of enforcement action:
- Orders are based on the location of the non-compliant activity
- Administrative sanctions and tickets are based on the location of the enforcement zone (see the Conservation Officer Service zone map)
- Administrative penalties are based on the location of the non-compliant activity or the company's headquarters
- Court convictions are based on the location of the court house
- Restorative justice forums are based on the location of the forum
- Quarters are based on calendar year and dates vary based on the type of enforcement action:
- Orders and administrative penalties are based on the final determination date
- Administrative sanctions are based on the effective date
- Tickets are based on the issuance date
- Court convictions are based on the decision date (sentencing date)
- Restorative justice forums are based on the forum date