EMS Electronic Data Transfer (EDT)
EDT provides a mechanism for private laboratories to transfer the required data to EMS electronically.
Data Load File Formats (MS Word)
Electronic Data Transfer Guidelines and Responsibilities provides detailed information and instructions on how to submit data to EMS. Simplified instructions and file formats are also available for the following data transfer protocols and file formats:
- EMS format via the Web (DOC, 110 KB)
- EMS format via FTP (DOC, 43KB)
- Pulp and Paper format via the Web (DOC, 43KB)
- Pulp and Paper format via FTP (DOC, 42 KB)
- EMS format for Biological Samples (DOC, 107 KB)
Support Tables (Excel)
EDT file formats include a number of data entry fields that are validated against EMS support tables. The following commonly used tables (in MS Excel) include the valid EMS codes and their associated names/descriptions. Updates to the tables may be posted periodically.
Last updated Jan 2018.
- Parameter Dictionary table (sorted by Parameter Name) (XLS, 946 KB)
- Parameter Dictionary table (sorted by Parameter Code) (XLS, 946 KB)
- Measurement Unit Codes (XLS, 49 KB)
- Analyzing Agency Codes (XLS, 53 KB)
- Site Type / Sample State / Sample Descriptor Codes (XLS, 63 KB)
- Collection Method Codes (XLS, 28 KB)
- Sample Class Codes (XLS, 26 KB)
- Species Codes (For Biological Samples) (XLS, 287 KB)
- Analytical Method Codes with Full Descriptions. (XLS, 395 KB)
Error Report Messages for the Electronic Delivery System