Report Sick or Dead Animals
To understand wildlife health, we need information about the diseases and parasites that occur in individuals and populations. If you see something unusual, please contact us. Videos, written or oral descriptions, or photographs may help identify a health issue with a wild animal.
How to Report Wildlife Health Issues
Send us information about animals that you see sick or that have died:
- See below for specific contact information on bird or amphibian reporting
- Fill out our online form for other species and notify the Wildlife Health Program of your information
- Use the email address or phone number shown on the right of this page to contact B.C.'s Wildlife Health Program
Wild Bird Mortality Investigation Protocol
The B.C. and Canadian wildlife agencies are working together to monitor bird health.
- Find out how to report a dead, wild bird (PDF)
- How to photograph a dead, wild bird for identification (PDF)
Please report sick or dead frogs or other amphibians to Project Frogwatch