Pesticide Dispenser Certificates
Dispenser – Domestic Pesticides
This certificate is for people who work in pesticide retail sales outlets where pesticides are sold to non-professional, home and garden users or hobby farmers. A person with Dispenser-Domestic Certification can only sell “Domestic” labelled products (and may sell a limited amount of “Commercial” and “Restricted” labelled pesticides if employed by a Vendor with a licence that states: “Domestic and up to 100 kg of Commercial pesticides”. Vendors who sell more than 100 kg per year of Commercial and Restricted pesticides require a person with a Dispenser-Commercial certificate.
Dispenser – Commercial Pesticides
People who sell commercial pesticides – primarily in sales outlets where pesticides are sold to farmers or other professional, commercial applicators – require this certificate. This includes selling pesticides labeled:
Certified commercial sellers can also sell pesticides labelled "Domestic" but it is recommended that sellers get the domestic dispenser certification.
Accepted Study Books
Dispenser - Domestic Pesticides
- Handbook for Dispensers of Domestic Pesticides in British Columbia: 2016
Also acceptable is:
- Handbook for Dispensers of Domestic Pesticides in British Columbia: 2008*
*if using this version ensure that you are aware of the changes to the IPM Regulation that apply to you
Dispenser - Commercial Pesticides
- Handbook for Pesticide Applicators and Dispensers: 2005
- Pesticide Dispenser Certification for Commercial Pesticides, with study guide and practice exam: April 2007. The April 2005 edition is also acceptable.
- Study Notes on the B.C. Crop Production Guides: February 2008