Natural Resources Mitigation Tools
British Columbia's government provides tools to help mitigate the effects of climate change in the forest sector.
Wood Product Carbon Calculator
This carbon calculator is a simple spreadsheet that determines the carbon footprint of your harvested wood products – logs, lumber, plywood or panels. In addition to the emission of carbon, you can see the storage of carbon in different products over time.
The LANDIS-II (LANdscape DIsturbance & Succession) simulates forest succession, disturbance, climate change and seed dispersal across large landscapes. The spatially-explicit simulation model will help natural resource managers understand the effects of a changing environment on forests, including carbon dynamics and the availability of dead wood habitat.
Forest Carbon Succession v2.0 is an extension within the LANDIS-II family of models. It allows users to simulate forest succession, harvesting, planting and natural disturbances over time.
- Forest Carbon & Climate Change Modelling (PDF)
- LANDIS-II Forest Landscape Simulation Model
- Forest Carbon Succession v2.0 Extension for LANDIS-II
Carbon Budget Model
The Carbon Budget Model of the Canadian Forest Sector (CBM-CFS3) is a stand and landscape-level modelling framework. The CBM-CFS3 model is developed and maintained by Natural Resources Canada.
Forest Carbon Reports
The following forest carbon-related reports from Land Based Investment have received peer and technical reviews.
- Carbon Budget Modelling on TFL 56
- Carbon Storage & Sequestration
- Carbon Budget Modelling & Optimization Analysis
- Development of Carbon Measures: Fort Nelson DFA
- Development of Carbon Measures: Nimpkish DFA
- Forest Carbon Indicators & Monitoring Strategies
- Forest Carbon Accounting Analysis
- Forest Management Practices on Carbon Dynamics