EAO Project Reviews (legacy)
Between July 1995 and March 2000, the Environmental Assessment Office undertook reviews related to the following initiatives:
The Burns Bog Ecosystem Review Synthesis Report was written by a team of scientists under the direction of the Environmental Assessment Office in March 2000. The purpose of the review was to determine the factors crucial to preserving Burns Bog as a viable ecosystem.
- Synthesis Report for Burns Bog (March 2000) (PDF, 24.55MB)
- All Documentation for the Burns Bog Ecosystem Review (ZIP, 50MB) (March 2000)
The Salmon Aquaculture Review Summary was conducted by the Environmental Assessment Office in July 1995 at the request of the Minister of Environment, Lands and Parks and the Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food. The purpose of the review was to examine the adequacy of current methods and processes used by the two ministries in regulating and managing salmon aquaculture in British Columbia.
- Summary of the Report and a consolidated list of the recommendations (PDF) (February 1997)
- Report of the Environmental Assessment Office Volume 1 (PDF, 3.47MB) (February 1997)
- First Nations Perspectives Volume 2 (PDF) (February 1997)
- Technical Advisory Team Discussion Papers Volume 3 (PDF, 8.47MB) (February 1997)
- Socio-Economic Impacts and Related Technical Papers Volume 4 (PDF, 2.88MB) (February 1997)
- Bibliographic Listings Volume 5 (PDF) (February 1997)
- All Documentation for the Salmon Aquaculture Review (ZIP, 15.77MB) (February 1997)
A special commission was appointed in September 1998 by the Minister of Environment, Lands and Parks to review the Skytrain extension in the Broadway-Lougheed-New Westminster corridor in the Lower Mainland. The purpose of the review was to identify the project's environmental and planning issues and impacts and to facilitate public consultation processes and interagency coordination.