User Interface - Real-time Water Data
There are 5 main sections of the user interface:
- View Type (or Tabbed Navigation)
- Data View
- Data Context Selectors
- Legend & View Options
By default, the "MAP" View Type is selected first and displays the map interface in the Data View. The Data View, Data Context Selectors and Legend & View Options displays specific options based on which View Type you select.
1. View Type
In this section, you can select which View Type you want to use to find your desired location.
- Map = allows you to find a location using a map interface
- List = allows you to select a location using a filtering table interface
- Location = allows you to search for a location by name or browse a pre-defined location set
- Data Set = allows you to search for a location and quickly view the location's data set
- Charts = custom charts
- Reports = custom reports by site name
- Dashboards = Business Area overviews and links
2. Data View
The Data View is the main viewing area. Depending on which View Type you select, the Data View area will display that view.
3. Data Context Selectors
In the example above, you can select your parameter, value and date.
a) SEARCH AND SELECT - By Parameter
b) SELECT DATE
The date defines the period of time that you want to view. Latest provides the most recent data looking back up to 24 hours. Periodic intervals of Daily, Monthly, Yearly allow you to view additional statistical values like max/average/minimum.
c) SELECT VALUE
The values available will vary depending on the Parameter and Date selected.
Note: if no data is showing on your map, you may not have data for the value and date chosen. For instance, a daily value will not show if there wasn’t enough data available to calculate the value. You may need to go back a day on the calendar to see daily statistics. If you do not want to see locations with ‘no value’, you can turn it off by unchecking the ‘No Values’ check box under the Map Options on the right of the screen.
d) OPTIONS MENU
The options menu contains useful functions listed below:
e) FILTER DATA
The Filter Data button is located near the top of the screen, beneath the Mode menu. There are options available to filter data based on Location attributes or by using a map selection.
If you cannot see all the locations you want, you may have to Clear a filter.
- Display turns on and off the locations on the map
- Show Values turns on and off the values within the location display
- Time Series turns on and off continuous time series data
- Field Visits turns on and off discrete (point) measurements
- Values shows locations with values (as defined by the interval and value chosen)
- No Values shows locations with no values available for the chosen interval and value chosen
Legends may be available depending on the Parameter, Value and Interval selected.
b) MAP OPTIONS
NEXT SECTION: How to Navigate