Canadian Aquatic Biomonitoring Network
Working in partnership with Environment and Climate Change Canada, the provincial Canadian Aquatic Biomonitoring Network (CABIN) program evaluates water quality and ensures the overall health of B.C. streams by monitoring benthic macroinvertebrate communities.
Important documents related to CABIN in B.C.
- Biological Integrity of Okanagan Streams: Using Benthic Invertebrates to Monitor Stream Health - 2007 (PDF)
- GIS Tools used for the BC Biomonitoring Program (PDF)
- Guidelines for Sampling Benthic Invertebrates in British Columbia Streams - Updated in January 2006 (PDF)
- Cumulative Effects Monitoring of Okanagan Streams Using Benthic Invertebrates - December 2006 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Application of Multivariate Techniques to Examine Quality of Streams in the Okanagan Region - March 2006 (PDF)