Information About Sites
Lookup information about sites in B.C. that could be at various stages of the contamination screening, investigation or cleanup process.
Use this database to view the provincial government’s records of site investigations and cleanups. It is not a registry of contaminated sites, although some sites in the registry are contaminated. Most sites have already been investigated and require minor remediation, or have already been cleaned up to government requirements.
Anyone involved in land transactions will find the registry a useful tool in completing their due diligence tasks. For example, you can search an area around a specific property for registered sites. Vendors are also required to provide a site profile for properties that previously were the location for commercial or industrial activities.
- Fact Sheet 20 – The Site Registry (PDF)
- Fact Sheet 24 – Why Search the Site Registry? (PDF)
- Access the site registry (via BC Online)
- Site Registry User's Guide (PDF)
All sites listed in the Site Registry are also posted as a layer in iMap through DataBC. The layer, labeled Environmental Remediation Sites, is located in the Waste folder within the Provincial Layers folder under the Maps & Data Sources tab.
Access other government databases to find more information about specific sites in B.C.
- Federal Contaminated Site Inventory
- Fact Sheet 33 – Obtaining Information from the SWIS, WASTE, and COORS Databases (PDF)
- Authorizations Management System (AMS)
- Environmental Violations Database (EVD)
- Quarterly Compliance and Enforcement Reports
In addition to searching online data, you can also request assistance looking up information.