Forms - Farm Labour
Licensing - Farm Labour Contractors
Farm Labour Contractors must obtain a licence before commencing work. Please submit your completed package well in advance of your anticipated date of starting work to allow adequate time to process your application. For licence renewals, please submit your application package at least 15 days before your current licence expires to allow adequate time to process your application.
The package may be submitted via regular mail, courier or in person to:
Employment Standards Branch
A207-20159 88 Avenue
Langley, BC V1M 0A4
Upon receipt of the package, Branch staff will review all forms and steps. Once all requirements have been met, you will be contacted for a licensing interview.
It is important to note that any time business changes are made (e.g. change of address, phone number, number of workers, vehicles used to transport workers, change of company directors, etc.) it is the responsibility of the Farm Labour Contractor to advise the Branch of these changes as soon as possible. Failure to do so could result in monetary penalties.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Employment Standards Agriculture Compliance Team at 604 513-4604.
- Farm Labour Contractor Licence Package and Submission Requirements
- List of Licensed Farm Labour Contractors (PDF, less than 1 MB)
For more information on the various requirements surrounding farm labour licensing, please see the links below:
- Farm labour contractors must be licensed
- Licensing of farm labour contractors
- Exclusions from licensing requirements
- Calculation of security
- Duties of farm labour contractors
- Additional duties of farm labour contractors – posting safety notices in vehicles
- Administrative fee – transportation costs
- Cancellation or suspension of a farm labour contractor’s licence
- If there is a change of directors or officers
- Rules about licenses
- If a licence is refused, cancelled or suspended
- Surrender of licence
- Appeals from the refusal, cancellation and suspension of a licence