Employment Standards Complaint Submission
About this Service
The Employment Standards Complaint service enables you to submit a complaint concerning an alleged contravention of the BC Employment Standards Act.
Except under very unusual circumstances, complaints will not be accepted unless the SELF-HELP KIT has been used.
The information on this service is collected under the authority of the Employment Standards Act.
Employment Standards Branch must receive your complaint:
- no later than 6 months after the date of the alleged contravention; or,
- no later than 6 months after the end of your employment with this employer.
- Clicking "start" below will launch the service.
- Each screen provides a "back" and "next" button for your use. Do not use the BACK and FORWARD buttons on your browser navigation bar. This will result in losing your updates in that window.
- Please complete as much information as possible to help us process your complaint. Your employer may be provided with a copy of your description of the details of your complaint.
- Once you "submit" your complaint, you will receive a confirmation number verifying that your complaint has been sent to the Employment Standards Office.
- Keep your confirmation number. Write it on your Self-Help Kit.
Once your submission is complete you will have an option to print the information you have submitted for your records. It is highly recommended that you do so.