Interpretation Guidelines Manual British Columbia Employment Standards Act and Regulations
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS REGULATION - PART 7 - VARIANCES AND EXCLUSIONS
ESR Section 34.1 – Hours of work and overtime for farm workers
This section excludes farm workers from certain provisions of the Employment Standards Act.
34.1. Part 4, except sections 39, and Part 5 of the Act do not apply to farm workers.
A “farm worker” as defined in s.1 of this Regulation, is excluded from Part 4 of the, Hours of Work and Overtime, except for s.39. No excessive hours. A farm worker is also excluded from Part 5 of the Act, Statutory Holidays.
There are a number of special provisions in the Employment Standards Act and Regulation affecting farm workers.
See also related sections as shown below.
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.1, Definition, “farm labour contractor”
- s.1, Definition, “producer”
- s.13, Farm labour contractors must be licensed
- s.30, Producer and farm labour contractor are liable for unpaid wages
- s.125, Offences
- s.1, Definition, “farm worker”
- s.5.1, Calculation of security
- s.6, Duties of farm labour contractors
- s.7, Cancellation or suspension of farm labour contractor’s licence
- s.8, If there is a change of directors or officer
- s.9, Rules about licences
- s.10, If a licence is refused, cancelled or suspended
- s.11, Surrender of licence
- s.12, Appeals from the refusal, cancellation and suspension
- s.18, Minimum Wage – farm workers
- s.39, Exclusions from farm labour contractor licensing requirements