Interpretation Guidelines Manual British Columbia Employment Standards Act and Regulations
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS REGULATION - PART 2 - EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES AND FARM LABOUR CONTRACTORS
ESR Section 6.2 – Administrative fee - transportation costs
This section sets out the administrative fee required to be paid by a farm labour contractor to the province if a vehicle is taken out of service while transporting employees and the province provides alternative transportation to the employees.
6.2 (1) The administrative fee prescribed for the purpose of section 30.1 (1) of the Act is $500 and must be paid
(a) in Canadian currency, or
(b) by cheque, draft or money order, made payable to the Minister of Finance.
(2) The fee prescribed under subsection (1) must be paid to and received by the director, at the address specified in the notice served on the farm labour contractor under section 30.1 (2) of the Act, within 30 days after a farm labour contractor is deemed, under section 122 of the Act, to have been served with the notice.
If a motor vehicle used by a farm labour contractor to transport employees is taken out of service while transporting the employees, and the province provides alternative transportation to the employees, the farm labour contractor is liable to pay an administrative fee.
The administrative fee is $500 and must be paid in Canadian currency by cheque, draft or money order made payable to the Minister of Finance.
The $500 fee must be paid to the director and received within 30 days after the notice is deemed to be served. The notice must be served according to the requirements of section 122 of the Act.
The payment should be sent to the director at the following address:
Director of Employment Standards,
P.O. Box 9570 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9K1
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.1, Definition, “farm labour contractor”
- s.1, Definition, “producer”
- s.13, Farm labour contractors must be licensed
- s.30, Producer and farm labour contractor are liable for unpaid wages
- s.30.1, Liability of farm labour contractor for transportation costs
- s.30.2, Enforcement of administrative fee
- s.79, Determinations and consequences
- s.98, Monetary penalties
- s.122, Service of determinations and demands
- s.125, Offences
- s.1, Definition, “farm worker”
- s.5, Licensing of farm labour contractors
- s.5.1, Calculation of security
- s.6, Duties of farm labour contractors
- s.6.1, Additional duties of farm labour contractors - posting safety notices in vehicles
- s.7, Cancellation or suspension of farm labour contractor ’s licence
- s.8, If there is a change of directors or officer
- s.9, Rules about licences
- s.10, If a licence is refused, cancelled or suspended
- s.11, Surrender of licence
- s.12, Appeals from the refusal, cancellation and suspension
- s.18, Minimum Wage – farm workers
- s.34.1, Farm workers
- s.39, Exclusions from farm labour contractor licensing requirements
- s.47, Complaints of contravention of this regulations