Interpretation Guidelines Manual British Columbia Employment Standards Act and Regulations
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS ACT - PART 12 - EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS TRIBUNAL
ESA Section 105 – Employees
This section explains the formation of the tribunal
105. (1) Despite the Public Service Act, the tribunal may employ a registrar and other employees it considers necessary for the purposes of this Act.
(2) The registrar may be appointed under section 102 (b) as a member.
(3) The Labour Relations Code, the Public Service Act and the Public Service Labour Relations Act do not apply to the tribunal's employees.
Other than the chair, the chair appoints all employees of the tribunal, including the registrar.
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.102, The Employment Standards Tribunal continued
- s.103, Administrative Tribunals Appointment and Administration Act applies to tribunal
- s.104, Chair may delegate authority
- s.106, Organization of tribunal
- s.109, Other powers of tribunal
- s.110, Finality of tribunal’s decisions and orders
- Part 13 - Appeals
- s.49, Appeals in cases where the tribunal is the employer
- s.50, Enforcement of orders of associate chair
Labour Relations Code, [RSBC 1996] Chapter 244
Public Service Act, [RSBC 1996] Chapter 385
Public Service Labour Relations Act, [RSBC 1996] Chapter 388
See Employment Standards Tribunal website at www.bcest.bc.ca