Interpretation Guidelines Manual British Columbia Employment Standards Act and Regulations
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS ACT - PART 12 - EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS TRIBUNAL
ESA Section 104 – Chair may delegate authority
This section explains the authority of the chair of the tribunal.
104. (1) The chair may
(a) carry out any duty, power or function of the tribunal or a member, and
(b) delegate to a member a function, duty or power of the chair.
(2) While acting as chair under subsection (1) (b), a member has the power and authority of the chair.
No policy interpretation.
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.102, The Employment Standards Tribunal continued
- s.103, Administrative Tribunals Appointment and Administration Act applies to tribunal
- s.105, Employees
- s.106, Organization of tribunal
- s.109, Other powers of tribunal
- s.110, Finality of tribunal’s decisions and orders
- Part 13 - Appeals
See Employment Standards Tribunal website at www.bcest.bc.ca