Interpretation Guidelines Manual British Columbia Employment Standards Act and Regulations
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS ACT - PART 12 - EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS TRIBUNAL
ESA Section 102 – Employment Standards Tribunal continued
This section explains who composes a tribunal and how those individuals are selected.
102. The Employment Standards Tribunal is continued consisting of
(a) a member appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council as the chair after a merit based process,
(b) members appointed by the minister after a merit based process and consultation with the chair, and
(c) any representative members appointed by the minister, after consultation with the chair, with equal representation from individuals with experience in employers' interests and from individuals with experience in employees' interests.
No policy interpretation.
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.103, Administrative Tribunals Appointment and Administration Act applies to tribunal
- s.104, Chair may delegate authority
- s.105, Employees
- s.106, Organization of tribunal
- s.109, Other powers of tribunal
- s.110, Finality of tribunal’s decisions and orders
- Part 13 - Appeals
See Employment Standards Tribunal website at www.bcest.bc.ca