Interpretation Guidelines Manual British Columbia Employment Standards Act and Regulations
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS ACT - PART 1 - INTRODUCTORY PROVISIONS
ESA Section 1 – Definitions – Talent Agency
This section contains definitions for terms used throughout the Employment Standards Act and its Regulation.
"Talent agency" means a person that, for a fee, engages in the occupation of offering to procure, promising to procure, attempting to procure or procuring employment for actors, performers, extras, or technical creative film persons.
Talent agencies in British Columbia must be licensed as required by s.12(1) of the Act.
The requirements for licensing of talent agencies are outlined in the Employment Standards Regulation, s.38.
Refer to the following site for further information on talent agencies: Talent Agencies in British Columbia
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.9, Rules about licences
- s.10, If a licence is refused, cancelled or suspended
- s.11, Surrender of licence
- s.12, Appeals from the refusal, cancellation and suspension
- s.38, Licensing of talent agencies
- s.38.1, Compliance requirements – talent agencies