How to Apply to the BC Rural Dividend Program
The following are the steps required to complete and submit an application to the Rural Dividend Program. Links to documents and other sections of this website intended to support applicants are included.
- Download the program guide for the sixth application intake period.
- Review the guide carefully to determine if the Rural Dividend is the best funding source for your proposed project.
- Review the website to learn about program updates and news and review program details.
- If you have any further questions contact the program office by email, at email@example.com or by phone 250-356-7950.
- Review and confirm that:
- The location that will directly benefit from the project or in which the project will take place is eligible.
- Your organization is an eligible applicant.
- You are able to meet the minimum required applicant financial contribution.
- You have all mandatory supporting documentation.
- The proposed project aligns with program objectives.
- For assistance in confirming your eligibility to apply to the Rural Dividend program, please complete the Eligibility Checklist.
* Please note that a positive result in the Eligibility Checklist is not a guarantee of eligibility. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the program office by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 250-356-7950.
- Confirm that you have all required mandatory supporting documentation:
- Financial Statements
- Articles of Incorporation (only required for Indigenous and non-Indigenous not-for-profit organizations & First Nations Corporations)
- Partnership letters (only required for Partnerships projects)
- Rural Dividend Budget Form
- For additional details about mandatory supporting documentation, please visit the Program Details page.
For assistance in confirming that you have all the mandatory documentation to apply to the Rural Dividend program, please complete the Application Checklist.
* Please note that some mandatory documentation (i.e. council/board resolution) may require additional time and planning to complete.
* Failure to submit the mandatory supporting documentation will result in the ineligibility of your application.
- Gather any additional supporting documentation that provides additional information and context for your proposed project. Suggestions include:
- Indications of community support.
- Confirmation of funding from other project funding sources
- Approved financial plan for the community/organization.
- Quotes from vendors or contractors.
- Business plans or feasibility studies.
* Please do not provide any personal identifiers or third-party personal information (i.e. talk about others) in applications or supporting documents.
- All applications must be completed using the online application form.
- Review the assessment components to ensure that your application is meeting the assessment components.
- If you wish to prepare your responses to application questions prior to completing the online application form, you can use the following documents, depending on funding stream:
* Please note that it’s not recommended to cut and paste from documents containing line breaks, bullets and numbering, or other formatting into the online application form as errors may occur.
- Your complete application package must be received by midnight PDT on August 15, 2019.
- Applicants will not be able to submit applications through the online application system past the deadline.
- All applications must be submitted through the online application form.
- All additional documentation is submitted through the online application form and must be added prior to submission of application.
- All applications that are determined to be eligible after an evaluation by program staff are reviewed and ranked against Assessment Components.
- If additional information is determined to be needed to support the review and assessment process, you will be contacted and the information will be requested.
- Decisions on applications are anticipated to be made and announced within 6 months from the end of the application intake period.
- If your application is successful, you will be sent a grant letter outlining the terms and conditions of funding. If you agree to the terms, the funds will be transferred to the organization.