Mountain Equipment Co-op Community Contributions
The Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) Community Grants program supports the community of active outdoor enthusiasts through grants of up to $20,000.
Organizations must demonstrate their commitment to at least one, and preferably both, of the following areas:
- Identify and reduce barriers to outdoor activity and increase the community of active outdoor enthusiasts.
- Teach responsible outdoor recreation practices and environmental stewardship
MEC conducts two grant cycles annually:
- Spring grants are accepted January 9 to March 19. Applicants are notified mid-May.
- Fall grants are accepted July 3 to September 11. Applicants are notified mid-November.
- Registered charity or not-for-profit organization or association
- Registered Canadian amateur athletic association
- Registered association or club affiliated with a registered university
- First Nations band registered as a qualified donee
The Community Contributions program does not support:
- Governmental organizations, including organizations that receive core funding from the government
- In-classroom curriculum programs (excludes after-school programs, clubs, or third-party programs)
- Individuals (with the exception of Expedition Support)
- Illegal activities
- Projects outside of Canada
- Projects that focus primarily on fundraising for medical causes
- Event sponsorship
- Playground structures
- Gardening or agricultural activities
Last updated: May 18, 2018