Destination BC Co-op Marketing Partnerships Program
The Destination BC Co-operative Marketing Partnerships Program (Co-op Marketing Partnerships) is an application-based program that provides co-operative marketing and promotion support to Regional Destination Marketing Organizations, Community Consortiums, Sector Organizations or approved Individual and Paired Communities in B.C.
The goals of the program are to:
- Increase BC tourism revenues
- Leverage private and public funds to maximize marketing impact and ROI for tourism businesses
The Destination BC Co-operative Marketing Partnerships Program model is designed around two funding pools:
- Open Pool: An Open Pool of funds available to all qualified applicant groups on a competitive basis.
- Reserved Pool: A Reserved Pool of funds specifically earmarked for strategic marketing priorities that are fundamental to the provincial brand. This pool is available to a limited number of eligible applicants. Reserved Pool guidelines are provided directly to eligible applicants.
Sectors or Community Consortiums (of three or more communities) may apply for amounts ranging from $20,000 to a potential maximum of $250,000, based on available funds and program uptake.
Individual or Paired Communities that meet requirements may apply for up to $7,500 for each community.
Eligible activities include:
- online marketing
- paid advertising
- print/online collateral
- branding of collaborative efforts as part of a campaign
- consumer-focused asset development
- market research
- consumer shows
- marketing tactic coordination up to 15%
Last updated: April 3, 20167