Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) Career Focus Program
The Career Focus Program within Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) will help fund 65 agricultural internships for Canadian graduates. Each internship will last at least four months to a maximum of 12 months. They will be long enough to provide meaningful experience to the employee.
The program provides $864,000 annually to projects that hire graduates in agriculture, agri-food science and veterinary medicine.
Each approved project will be eligible to receive up to a maximum of $20,000 in matching funds. Applications are processed through rounds and on a first come, first served basis pending availability of funds.
Applications are accepted between November 1 and November 30 each year for internships beginning on or after April 1 of the following year.
Eligible employers are organizations who can offer projects that will give employees:
- agriculture career-related work experiences in Canada
- skills acquisition through mentoring and coaching
These organizations may be from:
- not-for-profit organizations
- provincial and municipal governments
Eligible employees must be:
- between the ages of 15 and 30
- unemployed or under-employed
- have graduated in the last three calendar years from:
- an agriculture-related program in a university, college or CEGEP or
- a provincial program focusing on biological, agricultural and veterinary science or applied technology and
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Last updated: August 21, 2017