COVID-19 Business and Economic Development Resources
Find COVID-19 Economic Development Resources for B.C. Businesses and Communities.
Last Updated: May 14, 2020
Access health information, data, and learn about the steps that we will take together to protect people and ensure that our province can come back from COVID-19 stronger than before by visiting BC's COVID-19 Response.
If you're a company looking to offer support or supplies for COVID-19 efforts please visit B.C.’s COVID-19 Supplier Hub.
If you're looking for provincial or federal benefits, this is a list of supports available and is updated regularly.
Federal Economic Supports
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan is a new set of economic measures to help stabilize the economy for workers and businesses
- Resources for Canadian businesses outlines federal support for employees, businesses, business travel and events, and business in international markets
- B.C. Business COVID-19 Support Service is connecting businesses with the resources, checklists and guidance necessary to navigate challenges from COVID-19
- Download the COVID-19 Financial Supports for Businesses in B.C. (PDF, 336 KB) and visit the B.C. Government’s small business webpage for a checklist of business continuity considerations to help minimize the impacts of COVID-19.
- The Business Development Bank of Canada is offering new relief measures. Qualified businesses and entrepreneurs can access the Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- BC Economic Development Association resources for businesses, economic developers and local leaders impacted by COVID-19
- Columbia Basin Trust COVID-19 supports and funding
- Greater Vancouver Board of Trade COVID-19 resources
- Surrey Board of Trade COVID-19 and pandemic preparedness resources
- Northern Development Initiative Trust is offering the Small Business Recovery (SBR) Consulting Rebate program and the Regional Business Liaison program
- Vancouver Economic Commission Covid-19 Business Resources
- Community Futures BC has business-related resources and supports for rural small businesses, including how to move businesses online