Applying for a Security Industry Business Licence
Before you apply for a security business licence, you must understand the obligations of controlling members of a business and the qualifications you are required to have in order to be licensed in British Columbia.
You can apply for a security business licence online. Visit BCeID and create an account. Once you have created an account, send an email requesting a subscription code to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your:
- Business’s name;
- Manager’s name and contact information; and
- The email address to send the code to.
After receiving your subscription code, you may log in and complete an application.
Apply by Mail
You can also apply for a licence by mail.
To apply by mail:
- Complete the Application for a New Security Business Licence or Application for a Renewal of a Licence whichever is applicable, if you are applying for a licence for the first time or you have an expired licence. (To renew or replace a licence see Renewing, Replacing or Updating a Licence.)
- Complete the Authorized Credit Card Usage Form to use Visa or MasterCard to pay the licensing fee or enclose a money order or bank-issued certified cheque payable to the Minister of Finance with your application. (Do not send cash. Personal or business cheques and debit-credit cards are not accepted.)
- Mail the licence application and the credit card authorization (if necessary) to the Security Program Division.
- If your application is denied, fees cannot be returned.
You should receive your licence within 30 business days of the Registrar receiving your application provided there are no problems with it.
Withdrawing your Application
Your criminal record check will begin as soon as the Registrar receives your application and payment. If after submitting your application you decide you no longer want a licence, you must contact the Registrar's office to withdraw your application. Your application fee cannot be returned.