How to Extend a Limited Restoration

An application to extend the limited restoration period to a later date may be made to the registrar (if the original application was made to the registrar) or to the court (regardless of whether the original application was made to the registrar or the court).

If the limited period of the restoration of a society is extended, the society is dissolved on the expiration of the extended period.

Step 1: Apply for a Court Order (if required)

If a court order was used to restore a society for a limited period, then a court order is required to extend the limited restoration period.

Step 2: Complete the Extend a Limited Restoration Application

You will need the following information for the application:

  • Applicant information (see note below)
  • Expiry date for the limited restoration
  • Court order documents (if the extension is by court order)

About the applicant: The applicant must be the person who filed the original limited restoration application. For example, a person who

  • At the time of the dissolution, was a member or director of the society
  • Is the heir or personal or other legal representative of a person who, at the time of the dissolution, was a member of the society
  • The court considers to be an appropriate person to make the application (in the case of an application to the court)

Download application form to extend a limited restoration (PDF)

Step 3: Submit the Application and Payment

Send the completed form, required documents and payment to:

BC Registries and Online Services

PO Box 9431 Stn Prov Govt

Victoria, BC  V8W 9V3

Cheque or money order should be made payable to the Minister of Finance. You may also make payment through your BC Online account.

Certificate and Notification

Once the filing is complete and the society is restored, the applicant will receive a copy of the certificate of restoration. The society will receive certified copies of the restoration documents, including the certificate and restoration application.

Notification of the extension will be published by the registrar.