Privacy & Information Management Training for the General Public
The provincial government offers privacy and information management training to the general public and private sector organizations. These sessions explain how and why your organization must:
- Understand and protect personal information and privacy awareness
- Handle personal and confidential information responsibly
- Prevent information incidents in the workplace, including privacy breaches
These sessions are designed to support your organization’s internal privacy training.
You can attend training sessions offered to the public at no cost. Below is a list of sessions available by subject:
- Public sector legislation: Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPPA)
- Private sector legislation: Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA)
If you are interested in attending an upcoming training session, email the Privacy and Access Helpline at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a Training Session
You can request customized privacy training delivered in person or by webinar. This training is offered on a cost recovery basis. You’ll only be charged for any costs incurred to offer the training, such as travel and accommodation expenses, not for the presenter’s time. Below is a list of sessions available by subject:
- Public sector legislation: Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act
- Private sector legislation: Personal Information Protection Act
- Public sector Privacy Impact Assessments
- Information Incidents
To request a dedicated training session, complete and submit a training request intake form (PDF).