Liquor and non-medical cannabis compliance and enforcement
The Compliance and Enforcement Program reduces liquor and non-medical cannabis-related threats to public safety, including
- Minors consuming alcohol or cannabis
- After-hours liquor consumption
Compliance and enforcement inspectors assess applicants and work with licensees to encourage voluntary compliance with applicable liquor and non-medical cannabis laws.
Program staff conduct education sessions with new licensees and regularly inspect establishments.
The enforcement process follows a specific order. Serious or repeated contraventions might mean the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch (LCRB) has to take enforcement action.
The provincial law and rules include:
For liquor licensees
- Liquor Control and Licensing Act (LCLA)
- Liquor Control and Licensing Regulation
- The terms and conditions of their licence, authorization, or permit
For non-medical cannabis licensees
- Cannabis Control and Licensing Act (CCLA)
- Cannabis Licensing Regulation
- Cannabis Control Regulation
- Cannabis Control and Licensing Transitional Regulation
- The terms and conditions of their licence
Find information about the enforcement process, hearings, liquor and non-medical cannabis seizures and how to submit a complaint.
Learn more about what happens during the enforcement process including contraventions and how to apply for reconsideration.
Learn about the enforcement hearing rules.
Liquor and non-medical cannabis seizures
Find out about liquor and non-medical cannabis seizures.
Locate a regional office near you.
Submit a complaint
Submit a complaint to the LCRB if you see something that concerns you.