Submit an eBid
A BC Bid eBid subscription costs $150 plus tax for a one-year period. You may submit eBids on an unlimited number of eBiddable opportunities during the subscription period. Any organization using BC Bid can choose to make their opportunity eBiddable. Opportunities that allow eBids have an "e" character in the book icon beside the document number on the browse page, and also state the opportunity may be responded to online.
There are three different templates used for notices on BC Bid. The steps to submit an eBid vary, depending on the notice type.
- Access a detailed guide (PDF, 152kb), and see below, for the steps you take to submit an eBid response on a standard opportunity notice.
- To submit an eBid on a Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure Construction invitation to tender, refer to this step-by-step guide (PDF, 1.9mb).
- To submit an eBid on a Procurement Services Branch invitation to quote form (with individual line items), refer to this guide (PDF, 230kb).
You’ll need the following information ready before you can submit an eBid on a standard opportunity notice:
- A BC Bid eBid account that has been authenticated by the BC Bid Help Desk (see the eBid registration page for more information);
- The username and password for the BC Bid account;
- Your company’s eBid key;
- Your response documents that:
- are within the current size limit specified in the eBid guide (PDF, 152kb),
- conform to format or other requirements, if any, in the opportunity, and
- are saved on your computer or network (not in an email).
A high level summary of the steps to submit your eBid on a standard opportunity notice includes:
1. Log on to BC Bid with your username and password.
2. Browse to find the appropriate opportunity.
3. Open the opportunity notice by clicking on the document number.
4. Click Bid Response in the left-hand menu.
5. Click Create.
6. Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use.
7. On the next screen – the eResponse Notice Form (eBid) - click on Attachments do not exist.
8. On the Attachment screen, type the title of your first document and click the Browse button to the right. When you find the appropriate document on your computer, click on the filename and then click Open.
9. Continue identifying documents as in step 8 above until all documents have been selected. Click Submit Return at the top of the screen to upload the attachments to your draft eBid. The maximum size of each attachment must be 20 MB or less. If you have more than six to attach, upload the first six and then click again on Attachments Exist; you will find five more empty boxes to add additional documents.
10. To electronically sign your eBid, click on the eBidding Key link by your contact information.
11. Enter your company eBid key and click Submit Return.
12. To begin the submission process, click on Submit Bid Response in the left-hand menu.
13. Click OK on the information screen asking if you have completed all steps.
14. Click Submit Return on the Review and Approve screen to complete the submission process.
15. Ensure you see an eBid receipt on your screen; you can print if desired. A copy of the receipt is also sent by email to the company’s prime contact email address.
16. If you want to confirm that your eBid is complete and all documents are attached and correct, you can view your submitted eBid.