eBid Service Registration
You can subscribe to the optional BC Bid eBid service. The subscription costs $150 plus tax for a one-year period. You may submit eBids on an unlimited number of opportunities that allow eBidding within that one year period. An eBid subscription allows you to submit responses from any location with internet access. You save the cost and time of printing, packaging and hardcopy delivery. Opportunities that allow eBids have an "e" character in the book icon beside the document number on the browse page.
- Access a detailed guide (PDF, 83kb) for the steps you take to create an eBid registration on BC Bid.
- Register to eBid on BC Bid.
Additional benefits to the subscription include the ability to:
- Add your account to planholder lists (where applicable) to download all attached documents;
- Add opportunities of interest to your watch list; and
- Receive amendment notifications for opportunities on your watch list.
You’ll need contact details for the account before registering for an eBid subscription. You will complete and submit a registration form (PDF, 204kb) as well as create the online registration.
The normal time for BC Bid to process your correct and complete PDF form is one to two business days, but it can take longer. If you want to submit an eBid, complete the registration process as far in advance of the closing date as possible.
A high-level summary of the steps to take to subscribe to the eBidding service includes:
- If you already have a BC Bid account, log on to your account and choose My Profile in the left-hand menu, followed by eServices information. Then proceed to step 4 below.
- If you do not have a BC Bid account, begin at step 1 below.
- Click the Supplier Registration link in the upper right-hand area of the BC Bid homepage.
- Read the Terms and Conditions of Use and if you understand and agree, click I Agree at the bottom of the page.
- Enter your contact information on the Self Registration page and specify a username (User ID) and password. You will have a chance later in the registration process to add company information. Click Submit and Continue.
- Click the eBid Registration Form link to download the PDF form (204kb). (See the Email notification registration for more information about an Email notification subscription.)
- Click Yes to select the eBid service and register for the one-year eBid Service subscription.
- Click No to the question “Are you the person in the company paying for the eBid service?” and then Submit and Continue. You are not able to pay for the service at this point. The PDF form must be submitted and processed prior to payment.
- Enter company details on the next screen and click Submit and Continue to complete this portion of the online registration.
- Complete and submit the PDF eBid Registration form downloaded in Step 4.
BC Bid notifies you by email when your form has been processed. You’ll need the following information to submit payment on the online account:
- The username and password to log on to the account; and
- A Visa, Mastercard or American Express credit card, including the 3- or 4-digit card security code printed on the credit card.
When you receive confirmation your eBid form has been processed, log back on to your BC Bid account, click My Profile in the left-hand menu and then eServices Information. You will then change the answer to the question “Are you the person in the company paying for the eBid service?” to Yes and continue with the steps below.
- Click the Submit and Continue button to refresh the page and view the subscription total cost.
- Click the Pay Now button to access the payment screen and pay for the service.
If the prime contact has changed, the account information needs to be updated. For more information, read the eBid FAQs. An eBid submitted with outdated prime contact information may not be considered valid by the receiving organization.