Learn in French—Post-secondary Education
The B.C. Ministry of Education offers bursaries to residents of the province who take at least 55% of their courses in French while pursuing full-time studies at an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada.
Please read the French Bursary Criteria (PDF) for complete details on eligibility and bursary amounts.
Many post-secondary institutions in B.C. offer courses in French or courses about French language and literature:
- Capilano University
- Éducacentre College
Éducacentre College also offers an Education Assistant training program in French
- Douglas College
- Langara College
- North Island College
- Simon Fraser University (SFU)
SFU's Faculty of Education and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences offers programs in French. Simon Fraser University also has an Office of Francophone and Francophile Affairs.
- Thompson Rivers University (TRU)
- University of British Columbia (UBC)—Vancouver campus—Faculty of Education and Department of French, Hispanic and Italian Studies
- University of British Columbia (UBC) —Okanagan campus—Faculty of Education
- University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)
- University of Victoria—Department of French and Faculty of Education
- Vancouver Island University (VIU)
VIU’s Modern Languages Studies offer courses in French
- University of Northern British Columbia (UNBC)