Destination Clic is an intensive three-week summer French course for students in grades 8 and 9 from outside Quebec who attend a Francophone school. Destination Clic offers participants the opportunity to enrich their language skills in a stimulating and accessible environment. Sessions take place in Ontario, New Brunswick or Quebec.
Destination Clic gives students the opportunity to share stories and discover the realities of Francophone communities across Canada. Participants live in campus residences and are supported by a team of experienced monitors.
A typical day consists of a minimum of three hours in class, two hours of workshops (for example, photography, theatre, cooking or wall-climbing) and cultural activities such as cultural outings or outdoor activities.
The Destination Clic program covers the following costs:
- cost of the French course
- all instructional materials
- accommodation for the duration of the program.
Registration fees, pocket money and travel costs are not covered. However, participants may be entitled to a travel allowance at the end of the program, which will cover part of the travel costs.
Destination Clic participants must:
- be enrolled in a Francophone school that is part of the Conseil scolaire francophone de la Colombie-Britannique
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (those studying in Canada on a student visa are not eligible)
- be enrolled in Grade 8 or 9 during the school year preceding the summer course
- have a permanent residence outside Quebec.
How to Sign up
The deadline to submit an application is March 31. Visit www.destinationclic.ca for more details and to apply!