Primary/Middle Education Topics
Consider some of these opportunities in your professional development plan.
Assessing and Supporting Early Numeracy
Replay webcasts led by mathematics educator, Dr. Heather Kelleher that were attended by almost 500 teachers. These sessions focused on K-1 math screening resources.
- Part 1 – including written materials
- Part 2 – Including written materials
- Biography of Dr. Heather Kelleher (PDF)
Assessing and Supporting Learning in Kindergarten
Look at this slide show, video and supporting materials about classroom-based assessment from a developmental perspective as a tool to support learning in kindergarten.
- Assessment Framework Overview (PDF)
- Assessment Framework Overview PowerPoint
- Implementing the Assessment Framework Video
- Assessment and Support Materials
Literacy in the Middle Years
Watch webcasts of literacy expert Faye Brownlie talking with B.C. teachers about ‘Literacy in the Middle Years’.