Aboriginal Education Teaching Tools and Resources
There are many thoughtful and authentic ways to teach Aboriginal history and culture. Use these teaching tools to create a lesson plan that’s tailored to the specific needs of your class.
First Peoples Principles of Learning
Help students start to understand First Peoples views and culture by exploring these basic principles with your class.
Teaching Guides & Textbooks
Find Aboriginal course curriculum information and supporting documents like teacher guides:
- English 10 & 11 First Peoples
- English 12 First Peoples
- B.C. First Nations Studies 12
- Indigenous languages taught in B.C. school districts
Access learning resources for Math First Peoples Grades 8 to 9, helpful books for Grades K to 7 and authentic content for Grades K to 3:
Order B.C. Ministry of Education approved textbooks, teacher guides, and more:
Review Indigenous books and lesson plans for all grade levels:
Integrating Aboriginal Content
Learn how to incorporate Aboriginal content into all subject areas from Kindergarten through Grade 12.
- Aboriginal Worldviews and Perspectives in the Classroom (PDF)
- Aboriginal Worldviews and Perspectives in the Classroom: Professional Development Workshop Training PowerPoint (PPTX, 23MB)
- Shared Learnings: Integrating BC Aboriginal Content K-10 (PDF, 4.6MB)