Providing Proof of Certification

Show proof that you are a certificate holder in good standing with the Ministry of Education by:

Order a certificate: You can order a printed copy of your certificate by logging in to Your Account and submitting the request form. If your certificate has expired, or it has been suspended or cancelled, the Ministry will provide you with a letter confirming your past certification instead of a certificate.

Proof of certification for award nominations: Email the Ministry of Education to request a letter that confirms the good standing of a teacher being nominated for an award. Include the following information:

  • The name and certificate number of the teacher being nominated
  • To whom the confirmation letter should be sent to along with an address

Teaching in Another Province or Country

Before you can teach in another province or country, it's likely that you will need a letter that confirms the standing of your certification in B.C.