Prescribed Learning Outcomes for Healthy Eating Level: 4 to 6
The Healthy Living Performance Standards represent selected PLO’s at these grade levels. For a complete list of PLO’s go to Health and Career Education.
- Printable Version of the 4 to 6 Healthy Eating PLO (PDF)
- Printable Version of the 4 to 6 Healthy Eating PLO (DOC)
- C2 describe choices they can make for healthy eating, based on Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating
- C2 describe strategies for contributing to a healthy, balanced lifestyle, including healthy eating
C1 describe the benefits of attaining and maintaining a balanced, healthy lifestyle, including the benefits of being physically active, healthy eating practice, an emotionally healthy lifestyle
C5 assess the influence that peers have on individuals’ attitudes and behaviour
- C1 describe practices that contribute to physical and emotional health (e.g., regular physical activity, healthy eating, talking to a trusted friend or adult when feeling sad or confused)
- C2 describe the importance of healthy eating and regular physical activity for a healthy lifestyle (e.g., to obtain the required nutrients needed for growth, to help prevent diseases)
Prescribed Learning Outcomes in Physical Education (PE)
The Healthy Living Performance Standards represent selected PLO”s at these grade levels. A complete list of Physical Education PLOs.
- A4 describe the relationship between nutrition and physical activity (e.g., providing adequate fuel for the body for physical activity, providing adequate nutrition for bone and muscle development)
- A3 analyse the relationship between nutrition and physical activity
- A5 participate daily (e.g., five times a week) in a variety of moderate to vigorous physical activities that develop muscular strength and endurance, cardiovascular endurance, and/or flexibility
- A3 analyse nutritional considerations for physical activity