Visiting French Teacher Training Scholarship
Deadline for 2018/19 competition: November 23, 2018
The Ministry is providing scholarship awards to promote the recruitment of French language and French immersion teachers to B.C.
There are five (5) awards of $3,000 each for prospective teachers from France or Belgium studying in a qualifying Teacher Education Program at a B.C. post-secondary institution.
Nominees must meet the following criteria for the Visiting French Teacher Training Award:
- Hold a valid passport from/be a citizen of France or Belgium
- Be accepted to a qualifying Teacher Education Program at a B.C. post-secondary institution and enrolled during the 2018-19 school year
- Be nominated for award by the B.C. post-secondary institution
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR B.C. POST-SECONDARY INSTITUTIONS
Post-secondary institution sponsor must:
- Complete the Award Nomination, on behalf of the nominee, and the Statement of Support
- Ensure that each nominee(s) has completed the consent to the disclosure of their information to BCCIE
- Send all documentation to the British Columbia Council for International Education (BCCIE)